Snapchat is a very popular free app for android and iOS users. It allows to send and receive text messages, photos, videos and drawings.
In this guide, you will learn to use Snapchat.
Snapchat download link:
How to use Snapchat on Android, iPhone, iPad and iPod
Create account on Snapchat
Open Snapchat and tap on signup. Fill all required fields and tap accept. Be careful while choosing your username, because it represents your brand. You cannot change username later.
How to Add friends on Snapchat
After creating account, it will prompt you to access your contacts. Upon allowing it, it will sync all the contacts connected with Snapchat, and add to your friends list.
Add friends by username
There are different ways to add friends on Snapchat.
- Tap on ghost icon on the top left of the Snapchat app home screen.
- Tap on add friends
- Here you will see all the ways to add friends. Tap on add username.
- Type username of your friend’s Snapchat and tap on add.
If you have already downloaded this app, it will open the Bitmoji app to make your emoji. Else, you will be redirected to play store to download it first.
How to accept friend request on Snapchat
- Tap on ghost icon on top left of home screen of the app.
- Tap on Added me.
- Here you will see all the friends request, tap on + icon in front of your friend request to accept it.
How to take and send snaps on Snapchat
On Snapchat camera screen tap capture button at the bottom to take picture or selfie (by flipping rear camera to front camera).
How to make video on Snapchat
Hold down the capture button to make video for up to 10 seconds.
Editing snaps on Snapchat
Once you have taken snap on Snapchat, it provides many tools and filters to enhance your snap. You can access these filters and caption, doodles and paperclip etc. by swiping left or right.
How to send snap on Snapchat
Once, you have taken a snap and applied any filters or editing if needed, tap on arrow icon on bottom right of the screen. Select the friends you want to send the snap.
Set story on Snapchat
After taking snap, you will see icon to make it your story on bottom left of the screen.
How to start chat with friend on group chat
From camera screen tap on chat icon to start chatting with selected friend, you can add multiple friends to start group chat.
You can save any snap to Snapchat memories by tapping on save button.
To view saved memories, swipe up or tap on small circle below capture button.
Download your story
- Tap on ghost icon on top left of camera screen.
- Tap on download button besides my story.
- Your story will be downloaded to your device storage.
How to know if someone is online on Snapchat
- Open Snapchat and swipe right to open chats.
- Find the friend which you want to chat by swiping right on it.
- Send a message to your friend.
If you see a bitmoji face on the bottom left corner of the screen where your message is being written, it means that your friend is online and reading your messages. But if you see a smiley face, it means your friend does not use bitmoji amd is online. But, if the dot does not turns blue after sometime, it means your friend is offline.
How do you use Snapchat for beginners?
- Take a picture or video. To take a picture, tap the capture (circular) button at the bottom of the screen.
- Get creative. Once you take your photo, you can dress it up with creative tools and filters.
- Send your Snap.
What is Snapchat and how do you use it?
What do people do on Snapchat?
Why can’t I find someone on Snapchat?
How can you find someone on Snapchat without them knowing?
How can I read Snapchat messages without 2020?
Can police retrieve deleted Snapchat messages?
Does Snapchat really delete everything?
How far back does Snapchat data go?
Is Snapchat Secure 2020?
Why is Snapchat bad?
Is Snapchat my eyes only safe?
Is it safe to send pics on Snapchat?
What is not allowed on Snapchat?
Is Snapchat safe for 11 year olds?
Ads by Google