iCloud is not only for storing backup and photos but it can also store your messages or iMessage.
Sometimes, you lost your phone containing important conservations. But iCloud can save you if you have enabled backing up of iMessage or Messages to iCloud storage. In this guide you will learn how to view iMessage on iCloud.
How to view iMessage on iCloud on iPhone and iPad
Before you start following the guide, make sure that you have updated iOS to 11.4 or more. If you have iOS version older than this, update it first.
Now make sure that you have enabled iMessage access to iCloud Storage. To do so,
- Open settings. This is gear like icon on your home screen
- In settings window, tap on your profile, located at the top of the settings menu.
- If you are not already sign in, give your ID and password to sign in.
- Tap on iCloud Storage.
- You will see list of apps that can use iCloud storage to store their data. Find iMessage from the list and toggle its switch button to ON.
If you are on Mac follow the steps below
- Click on Messages located at the top right menu bar of the screen.
- Click on preferences.
- Click on Accounts Tab.
- Find and check the box saying, enable messages in iCloud. By checking this option means that your messages will be stored in your iCloud storage. In case of any accidental loss of data, you can access them via iCloud.
Now, all your conservation will store in iCloud from now. Now if you have lost your conservation and want to view it, you have to backup it from the iCloud to your phone. Following steps will explain to restore iMessage from iCloud.
This method says that if you have lost your data, reset your phone by going to settings>general and erase all content.
When your phone restarts, set up your phone by completing all initial steps, and the phone will prompt you to restore from iCloud.
By restoring at this stage, whole of your data saved to iCloud will be restored in your phone.
This method is more efficient than the first because by this method you can only view and restore selective data and off course iMessage’s instead of restoring the whole data.
For this download iMyPhone software for mac. https://www.imyfone.com/backup-and-restore-iphone/
Connect your phone with mac and open this software.
- Click on partial restore after selecting iCloud storage.
- Click on messages.
- It will scan messages from iCloud backup and will show you them.
- Select the messages you want to restore. Click on restore.
Backup WhatsApp to iCloud
iCloud and WhatsApp has worked pretty well to make a link between them. iOS users has facility to make backup of WhatsApp directly to their iCloud. In case, if they lost their device or migrate WhatsApp to other device, they can restore backup from iCloud.
Follow the steps to integrate iCloud with WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp on your iOS device.
- Tap on menu icon located at the top right corner of screen.
- Tap settings.
- Tap chat.
You will option there to enable backup your chat including photos, videos and other media contents.
Tip: It is recommended to enable “Find my phone”, because iCloud will help you out to find your lost or stolen phone or at least you can erase your data remotely if you have set up iCloud and enabled find my phone option. It can save you from any data security threats.
How can I see old iMessages on iCloud?
How do I see iMessage history?
Why can’t I see my messages on iCloud?
Can I see my iMessages online?
How do I view iMessages on my iPhone?
- In Settings, scroll until you find “Messages” and tap. In Settings, find Messages.
- At the top of the screen, find iMessage. At the top, find the iMessage toggle.
- If the slider on the right is green, iMessage is already enabled. If not, tap the slider to enable iMessage.
How can I check my iMessages from another phone?
How can I read my boyfriends text messages without touching his phone?
Does iCloud save text messages?
How do you find hidden messages on iPhone?
Is there a secret folder on iPhone?
Do iPhones have secret messages?
Can you hide iMessage conversations?
How do you find hidden text messages?
- Open Up Messenger And Go To Your “Me” Screen. Select “Me” in from the bottom menu, and you’ll get this screen.
- Select “Secret Conversations”
- Tap “OK”
- To Send A Secret Conversation.