If you have an iPhone, you can watch various online channels with the help of Apple TV and other media streaming apps.
However, if you want to view local channels on your Apple device you would need to adopt some innovative ways. Listed below are some of the methods that can work well depending on your location.
- Over-the-Air TV
- You can view local channels on your iPhone with the help of an over-the-air TV. For getting this done, you would need an OTA DVR that can stream contents directly from an OTA antenna.
- You would also need to install the OTA DVR app on your iPhone. If you are able to arrange all the hardware required, this is the best option because it is totally free.
- You can also use your PC to record over-the-air TV contents with the help of a Plex cloud DVR. From your PC you can share the recorded or live content to your Apple device with the help of Plex app.
- Hulu’s Live TV
- Subscribing to Live TV service by Hulu can help you in streaming all the recognized regional and local channels.
- With a nominal monthly subscription of $39.99, you can enjoy all your favorite sitcoms and shows.
- It also has a Live TV app specially designed for Apple TV.
- YouTube is always a popular option when it comes to local channels. Backed by Google, the app allows users to view all the popular regional networks and sports channels directly from Apple TV.
- You get a free trial followed by a paid subscription of $40 per month.
- PlayStation Vue
- You can enjoy all the major regional and selected local channels with the help of the Access bundle offered by PlayStation Vue. This would cost you around $44.99 a month.
- Note that networks supported by PlayStation Vue depend on your location. Nonetheless, the service offers high-quality streaming on your Apple TV and you also get the option to add premium channels.
- Fubo TV
- For high-quality streaming of local sports channels on to your Apple TV, you can always rely on fubo TV. You can try a free trial to experience the level of performance you can expect.
- The service also offers a fubo Extra package with a monthly cost of $49.99. If you think it is a bit pricey you can opt for a simple package worth $44.99 per month.
- Sling TV
- Sling TV is one of the most feasible providers that can offer skinny bundle packages that cost as low as $25 per month.
- There are also other premium packages that offer more choices when it comes to popular local and regional channels. With the help of Sling TV, you can enjoy all the major sports channels, NBC, and Fox from your Apple TV.
- DirecTV Now
- If you want to opt for live TV streaming, you can choose DirecTV Now. The service provider offers over 65 channels including sports, entertainment, and news networks.
- Besides local channels, you would also receive live feeds for a monthly subscription of $40.There is a 1-week free trial offer for all the new users.
Does Apple TV have local channels for free?
You Can Now Stream Locals For FREE on The Apple TV Thanks to Locast. Locast a live TV streaming service that launched back in January in New York City to offer access to 15 stations including ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC. Now Locast has rolled out an Apple TV app letting you stream locals for free.
Can you watch regular TV on Apple TV?
Watch live channels, on-demand programming, and access additional features on your Apple TV. And if you get an Apple TV directly from your provider, you can access content right out of the box, with a few easy steps.
How do I watch local news on Apple TV?
For everyone else, your best chance to watch local news on your Apple TV is to download your local news app to your iOS device and AirPlay it to your Apple TV. You can also watch live and local news using Apple’s TV app–Apple’s TV app supports live news for tvOS 11 and iOS 11 and above.
Is there an app to watch local TV?
Locast provides local ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS, and more 100% free. You can even watch Locast using a streaming device. Locast supports Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, and Android TV. While Locast is technically free, the service does interrupt its broadcast every 15 minutes or so to ask for a donation of $5.
Can I stream my local channels?
Locast is a non-profit service that allows you to stream local ABC, CBS, PBS, FOX, NBC and a number of sub-channels. The service is only available in 32 markets in the U.S. but it’s constantly expanding. Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV devices such as Smart TVs and Google Chromecast all have a Locast app.
What streaming service has local channels?
Option 3: Get What You Need From Video Streaming Services
ViacomCBS service Paramount+ ($5.99 per month) and NBC’s Peacock ($4.99 per month) are two relatively new players in this field. And they both offer local channel content at a fraction of the cost of a live streaming subscription.
Can I watch regular TV on Amazon Prime?
Prime Video Channels is the Amazon Prime benefit that lets you choose your channels. Some Channel subscriptions also feature Watch Live. This feature gives you the option to live stream programming on supported devices at the same time that it’s broadcast on TV.
Can I get local channels on Amazon Prime?
You can not get local channels through the Fire stick. You can only watch TV shows that are available through Netflix or Amazon, or any other available apps through the FS. For Amazon, Its helpful if you are a Prime member, you’ll get more shows for no additional costs, other than the annual renewal fee.
Which is better Roku or Firestick?
Roku is a better choice overall because it has more features and device options, and it has more channels/apps overall, including free content. However, it only works with Google and Alexa. Firestick is a better choice for Amazon Prime members and those who have Amazon Smart devices.
Can you get ABC NBC and CBS on Roku?
Yes, there are live broadcast channels like ABC, NBC, CBS, HGTV and Fox. If you have Roku TV, you can also connect an antenna to access live and local broadcast TV over the air.
Is there a monthly fee for fire stick?
No, there is no monthly fee to use the Fire TV Stick itself but keep in mind that being a Prime member greatly increases its value and services like Hulu Plus, Netflix, HBO (required for HBO GO), etc all have their own associated subscription costs.
How much does Roku cost per month?
No. Roku does not charge a monthly service subscription or monthly equipment rental fees for owning a Roku® streaming player or Roku TV™; nor does Roku charge for creating a Roku account.
Do I need Roku If I have a Smart TV?
If you already have a “smart TV”, you might not need a Roku. Your smart TV already does a lot of what the Roku does. Most current Roku models only have HDMI output, so they won’t work with an old tube-type TV. The exception is the Roku Express+ 2018 edition, which has composite video outputs in addition to HDMI.
Is Roku live TV free?
Free Live TV on The Roku Channel
Enjoy instant access to more than 100 free live TV channels at any time. With live news and weather, sports, food & home, reality TV, science fiction, true crime, kids’ entertainment, and Spanish language content, we have something for everyone.
Can you watch normal TV on a Roku TV?
You can watch live TV and cable content on Roku without long-term contracts or the need to buy new equipment. Streaming-only packages are available in channel packages similar to cable. It’s possible to watch cable on any screen that can connect to Roku.
What local channels does Roku have?
The four major TV networks — ABC, FOX, CBS, and NBC — are each partnered with several regionally based affiliate stations to provide local coverage. Many of these regional stations offer their own streaming apps on the Roku Channel Store.
Can you watch live local TV on Roku?
You can watch select local content for free on a range of Roku channels from both national and independent providers. Some streaming options require a subscription. Local streaming channels aren’t available in all markets.