Despite payment methods are simpler and instant nowadays, there are so many digital payments apps these days that are difficult to understand and use.
Mainly because of the fatigue from downloading and installing yet another app and registering with yet another digital payment companyHere we shall see 5 steps to adding cards to a novel payment gateway called Cash App.
Making it Safer
When these digital payments came along, they used to have an authentication procedure to make sure that it is actually you. They used email addresses at first and then began using two-factor authentication and then OTPs that are passed for every transaction.
- The Square’s Cash app also comes with advanced security standards that are more than just an OTP. Read this article, to learn more about it.
- They recommend using 2-factor authentication instead of simply an OTP in case of receiving any unsolicited email during sign in.
- In this case, along with the OTP, you will also have to enter the user-known password, and hence a 2-factor way of securing your payments.
Making a Payment
If you wish to make payments via the method is straightforward and simple. With a few taps, you are good to go. But before you can make a payment you need to add your account or card from which the payment shall be made.
- This official link talks about all supported cards via Cash App.
- To know how make a payment, all you need to do is open the app, enter the amount, and then tap on “Pay”.
- Now, you will have three options to choose a beneficiary or the person or merchant you wish to make a payment: email address, the hashtag of another Cash App user, or phone number.
- Keep a note for what the payment was made for, and then hit on “Pay”, and the payment is made instantly.
Getting and Installing the App
If you are trying to find the simplest way to buy Bitcoins or cash out instantly, Cash App is a nice alternative. Depending on your locality, if you have many using the same app, it is wise to have it too.
- You can download the app via Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store. Just search it on the store or head to – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.squareup.cash&hl=en_IN for Android and https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cash-app/id711923939?mt=8 for iOS.
- You can make and accept payments via this app after you have linked a bank account.
- If you didn’t know yet, it is not just credit cards, but Cash App also supports debit cards, and cards from Visa, MasterCard and more.
- Kindly note that you cannot use ATM, PayPal, Prepaid Bank cards as of now.
Register a New Credit Card on the App
Now, this is a fairly simple process and you might have to do just once when you first download and install the app. But, do remember that using a credit card for this purpose is expensive with some surcharge.
- You have to get familiar with the app after downloading and installing it in the above step. Get to know your profile icon.
- When you tap on the profile icon on the top-left corner, you can see a list of things like Funds, Bitcoin, and Add Bank.
- When you scroll down, you can find the entry “Add Credit Card” under the “FUNDS” header to be specific.
- Now, you have to enter the card details and you will instantly get the on-screen keyboard when you hit the area. You also have to enter the expiration date, CVV number, and your zip or postal code.
- And, then just tap on “Add Card” and it shall be done right away.
Add Cash from Credit Card to App
When you tap on the account balance, you can see the amount that is deposited into the wallet. You can use this Cash app to order your very own Cash Card too and use it as an ATM debit card with withdrawal limits.
- In order to add cash, you have to link your bank account or credit card as shown above.
- In some places, they might tell you that the credit card is unsupported and that is a geographical limitation.
- The account balance is there right when you open the app with “Request” and “Pay” at the bottom.
- To make any transaction, you need to add your credit card by going through the above step, and you can also add a bank account and a credit card.
- Do notice that whenever you are sending payments via credit card, the message “Send using any major credit card at just 3%” will display right on the top when you type in your card details below.
- If you want to deposit cash into the app, you can only do so with a debit card.
- If you used a credit instead of a debit card or bank account, you shall be charged like a 3% extra for transactions.