If there is someone you wish to block on Facebook Messenger, it’s not a very complicated or difficult process. This feature can be very useful if you have someone who is harassing you and won’t leave you alone. We will go through all of the steps necessary to block someone on this app.
- Open up the Conversation
The first thing you will have to do is go into the conversation with the person you wish to block in the Messenger app.
- Tap the Person’s Name
Simply tap the name of the person you want to block. If you cannot find the person, just go into Messenger and type in their name in the search bar above. Their name should appear with their profile picture.
- Select the “Block” option
Once you have tapped the person’s name, you will be presented with a list of options. Tap the “Block” option at the very bottom of the list. This will ensure that the person cannot message you or even see your profile at all on Facebook.
- Select the Block Messages Option
Assuming you don’t want to receive any messages from this person, you will need to toggle the “Block Messages” option over to the right. When you do this you will see a message asking you to confirm. Simply press “Block” once more to confirm this action.
- You can unblock people that you have blocked at any time. If you unblock someone and want to block them again, you will have to wait a couple of days before you can do so. You can do this by tapping your profile picture, then the People tab, and Blocked. Simply tap the name of the person you wish to unblock.
- Take some time to think about whether or not you want to block the person before going through with it.
- When you block someone on Facebook Messenger, you will not be able to send them any messages unless you unblock them.
If you and the person you have blocked are in the same group chat on Facebook Messenger, you will receive a notification before you go in. If you are in a group chat with a person you have blocked, you will be able to see their messages and they can see yours in that particular conversation.