YouTube is popular due to the vast video content available and people of every age can use it for different purposes. Instead of using YouTube on a laptop, computer or phone, it is more comfortable to watch it on TV. It gives you a better screen and you can have your family time again.
To connect YouTube to TV, follow these steps:
- In the Apps section of your TV go to YouTube and launch it
- Navigate into the settings of the Application and select the option “Link TV and Phone”
- A bar will appear on which you’ll get the which will give you the code
- Enter that code into your account and select the screen icon to select the screen on which you need to play your video
To connect YouTube to tv, we need to check whether the gadgets are supported or not. For that, we need to look at a list provided by YouTube itself to check supported devices easily.
To see the stream of YouTube on media players, smart TVs or game consoles you can use the following devices:
- Built-in Chromecast TVs
- For Apple TV you need Airplay
- Google Smart Displays
- Android TV
- LG Smart TVs & Samsung (after 2016 models and so on)
- Alli Vizio SmartCast TVs
- Hisense TVs
- 4th generation Apple TV & 4k Apple TV
- Xbox One S, Xbox One, Xbox One X
- Fire TV Stick, Toshiba, Element, Insignia, Westinghouse – Fire TV Edition Smart TVs
- Roku: All TVs of Roku, Streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere+, etc.
System Requirements are also very important for the smooth running of YouTube on TV
For Android Devices: YouTube is supported by almost every android device except for Pixel C devices, but it is said that YouTube will cover it soon.
For iOS Devices: devices running on iOS 20 or after supports YouTube TV
How to Connect YouTube to TV from laptop and Computer
YouTube is getting very popular among the people as it provides video content which becomes the center of attention quickly and much likely to understandable by the general audience. Apart from TV channels on television, people are so addicted to YouTube that they also give you access to use it on your tv as well.
A simple App on smart TV can run YouTube. But you can also connect your tablet, laptop or even your computer with it. It gives you more control and a better experience of using YouTube. You just simply link up the gadgets with the help of a code.
The most important element to do is that if you are not connected to the Wi-Fi, you can still be linked between your tv and your gadgets i.e., tablet, computer, etc.
To do so you need to follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube application on your smart tv
- Find the settings there
- Scroll down the setting and look for “Link with TV Code”
- A blue–colored code will appear on your tv screen
- Now simply add this code to the gadget you want to connect with the tv
How to Connect YouTube to TV from android
Using your phone as a remote is a comfortable and more manageable thing. To connect your phone with your tv for YouTube can be done by these steps:
- Connect your mobile and smart TV with same Wi-Fi network
- In your tv, install the YouTube app and update it if any available.
- Now open the YouTube app on your tv and choose “pair” option
- Now pick up the mobile you want to pair with your tv, go the link: YouTube.com/pair, you will get the code on your screen, enter that code
- Click on the option “Link with TV Code”
- Now enter the TV code on your smartphone
- After entering the code, open the YouTube app on your mobile phone and click on cast icon and look out for your tv option you have paired
- Now you can play the videos from your mobile phone and watch them on tv easily
How to Connect YouTube to TV from iPad or iPhone
To stream videos from YouTube on your tv with the help of iPad or iPhone, you need to follow these steps:
- Make it sure that your Apple device is connected to the same Wi-Fi which is also connected to your TV
- On your iOS device, open the YouTube and go into the settings. Look for the option “Pair YouTube TV”
- On the other hand, open the YouTube app and within the setting look for the option “Pair Device”. You will get a code from there, keep it in front of you
- Add this code you just generated on your tv to your iOS app
- A confirmation message you will get of pairing. If you do not get the confirmation message, repeat the process.
How can I watch YouTube on normal TV?
How can I watch YouTube on my TV for free?
Why can’t I get YouTube on my TV?
Is YouTube TV free with Amazon Prime?
Ads by Google