At times, it reaches a point when you no longer want some videos in your account due to one reason or another. If that’s the case, the following steps come in handy.
Delete a YouTube video on PC or Mac computer
Are you looking for how to delete your YouTube video on your computer without deleting your account? Well, we’ve got you covered. Below are the steps to follow.
- From your favorite browser, navigate to www.YouTube.com. If not yet logged in, click “Sign In” on the top right corner and feed in your account details. If already logged in, click on your account’s picture on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on “My channel” from the drop-down menu. By doing that, you’ll get to your profile where you can see all your uploaded videos. Also, you can see two blue buttons below your cover photo.
Click on the “YouTube Studio (Beta)” on your right pane. In your “YouTube Studio,” you’ll see the following:
- New updated
- Channel analytics, top-performing videos and much more
- If you check on the left side screen, you’ll see the channel menu.
- Click on the “Video” tab. By doing that, you’ll see all your past uploads.
- Move your cursor over the videos that you’d want to delete. By doing that, two options will appear. One for Play and the other for Options– it looks-like three vertically stacked dots. Click on the three dots to open up the menu.
- Click on the menu button and select “Delete.” With that, a popup message will appear asking you if you want to delete the video permanently. Remember that this is a permanent process that you’ll no be able to undo. If you are ready to commit, proceed to the next step.
- Mark the box that says you understand that the process is permanent and click “Delete video.”
With the above seven steps, your video will get deleted successfully. Does it sound easy? That’s it. If you want to delete your YouTube video using your smartphone, you can follow the procedure below.
Delete YouTube Video On iPhone, iPad & Android
- On your mobile phone home screen, locate your YouTube app, and tap to open it. By doing that, you should get to the homepage. If not yet logged in to your account, tap “Sign In” and feed in your details.
- Click on your profile photo on the top right corner to navigate to your channel. Your account menu will appear.
- In your account menu, click on “My channel.”
- Once on your channel, you can see your profile picture, your subscribers and your uploaded video. There will be a menu with five tabs on the top screen.
- Click on “Videos” to open up the past uploads.
- In your videos, scroll to find the video you want to delete. If you uploaded it some few days ago, you’ll a lot of scrolling.
- If you find the video you want to delete, hover over the video, and you’ll see three stacked dots for the menu option.
- Click “Delete,” and it will open up “Delete Upload.”
- If you’re ready to commit, click on “OK.” By doing that, YouTube will permanently delete your video.
When you’re through with the above procedure, your video will get permanently deleted.
How do you delete a YouTube video from your phone?
How do you delete old videos on YouTube?
- Go to www.youtube.com. Make sure that you are logged in.
- Select My Channel and then Video Manager.
- YouTube Video Manager page will open up and you’ll see a list of all your videos.
- Select the Delete option to remove video forever.
Should I delete old YouTube videos?
How do I delete videos?
- Start the YouTube app on your iPhone or Android.
- Tap your account avatar at the top right of the screen and then tap “Your channel.”
- Tap the “Videos” tab at the top of the screen.
- You’ll see a list of all your videos.
- Tap “Delete.”
How many reports does it take to delete a YouTube video?
How do I permanently delete videos from my iPhone?
- From a Home screen, tap Photos .
- Tap Albums (located in the lower-right).
- Tap the Recently Deleted Album.
- Tap the photo or video that you want to permanently delete.
- Tap Delete.
- To confirm, tap Delete Photo or Delete Video.
How do I permanently delete videos?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Select the items you want to delete from your Android phone or tablet.
- In the top right, tap More Delete from device.
Why can’t I delete videos from iPhone?
How do I permanently delete videos from my iPhone 6?
How do I permanently delete videos from iCloud?
- In Settings on iCloud.com, click Restore Files (in the Advanced section).
- Select each file you want to permanently remove, or select Select All.
- Click Delete.