Feeling better is cumulative; you have to work on its inch by inch. The feeling of being miserable is the worst. You don’t even feel like getting out of your bed, let alone get out and meet somebody.
And no matter how much the bad feeling is inside of you, you’re unable to battle the reason for it. But rather than hoping for instant recovery, step by step it gets better. Here are some ways to guide you through it.
- Be Thankful
This might sound weird but sometimes being thankful for the reason you’re upset is really necessary. And it can be anything, it can be a person or a situation that might have upset you, but if you’re thankful for being able to find out the reality, it makes things easier. Things could have gotten worse, had you not known the truth.
- Be thankful that you were able to see the true colors of the person because of whom you’re upset.
- Or you can be thankful for learning the truth about the situation you thought was the opposite of what was actually happening.
- Being thankful makes it easier to get over the problem and start fresh with a clean slate.
- Compliment Someone
When you’re in your bad days, looking the good in others or in yourself helps to boost up in the mood you’re in. The positives always beat the negatives and here also it works the same way. Seeing the good in yourself or in others gives you hope for continuing and coming out of the bad mood trance.
- You can compliment your friend on how supportive they are towards you.
- Look in the mirror, and compliment the things that you are good at or that you love about yourself.
- Genuine positive compliments make everything better, be it about you or others.
Reading is another great coping mechanism when you’re trying to cheer yourself up. Reading good positive quotes or reading the books that you’ve always liked helping. You might choose to read the novel you’ve always loved reading or may pick a new book.
- Read a comic book that you used to love when you were small.
- Read a new novel of your favorite category, this will divert your mind from the sad and will cheer you up slightly.
- Work on Small Tasks
Working to divert your mind has been the good old technique to stop oneself from over thinking and making things worse for themselves. But rather than taking something up that is going to be a long process, you must take something that is short and differently categorized.
- Clean your bedroom or your wardrobe, which you haven’t for a long period of time.
- You can arrange your novels again and dust them.
- Go for grocery shopping, this will make you get out of the home and provide with a different environment.
- Take a Break from Work
If you’re working, it is better to take a break from your office and get up from your desk and get out for a while. Sitting at your desk and working through your misery will make it worse for you and you do not want that.
- Get up from your desk and have a walk for a while out of your office.
- Go to your office canteen, eat or drink something and take a break from work for a few minutes.
- Talk to any colleague on some informal topics, to divert your mind.
- Talk to a Friend
Talking to a friend is one of the best measures to get out of your miseries and move on. Confide in a friend you trust the most and share your problems or your sobs with them. They might help you by giving you a better solution or just providing you their support will be enough to lift your spirits up.
- Call them and tell them how you feel and how you want to get better from this sad mood.
- Listen to their advice or suggestions for getting over your pain and sadness.
- Listen to Music
Music is something you listen to in every mood of your self-being. Whether you’re happy or angry or sad, music solves it all. Make sure to stay away from slow music that will make you sadder. Listen to loud or joyful music.
- Listen to your favorite playlist and feel better about things around you.
- You can also explore new music, which will change your mind and make you feel better.
- You can listen to the music of your favorite singer and even see their music videos, this will hero you feel better.
- Redeem Yourself
Redeeming yourself from a situation where you’re feeling sad or heaved up might be difficult but it is necessary. You cannot spend all of your time staying miserable, there are many other good things about your life that may cheer you up and make you look towards the better.
- If it is a loved one who hurt you, it’s better to either say them everything you’ve wanted to or just eliminate them from your life.
- If a situation upsets you, try to adjust to it or walk away from it, whichever makes you feel better.
Sleep on it. Yes! It is the right move because sometimes we just don’t know how to deal with the problem, whether to share with somebody, go with it or just leave it and walk away. The only way to feel better might be to sleep on it.
- Take a nap, stop brainstorming and overthinking for some time and just give yourself some well-needed rest.
- Set up the mood of the room how you like it to be, candles or your favorite light music and put yourself to some serene sleep.
- Vision Your Future
Sometimes, when we are upset about our present looking back into the past or looking towards your future might help you feel better about yourself. Seeing the goodwill motivates you to be happy and feel better and not get stuck with your miserable emotions.
- Vision how you want your future to be, to be with someone or to be what you’ve always wanted to be.
- Look at all the great opportunities you’ll have coming or the great times that will be ahead of you.
It’s not necessary that you have to like it, but just drawing something on a blank piece of paper will instantly make you feel better. Colors prove to be creating happy hormones in the human body. Just simply playing with those colors will lift your mood right up.
- Take colors and a brush and start drawing whatever you feel like. It may be anything a figure ire just a splash of colors, whatever will make you feel better.
- Finger painting is very helpful, it may get messy which will make you laugh and feel better about the ongoing things around you.
- Go for a Walk
Going for a walk, getting some fresh air is a good idea to take your mind away and make you feel better. Changing the environment and surroundings proves to be really emotionally healthy.
- You can go to your favorite park for a walk and walk on the grass with bare feet; it provides a very nice and positive feeling.
- Or you might go for a walk along any lake or river and feel better from that fresh breeze and smell.
- Watch Cartoons
Childhood has been the best part of all our lives. Watching cartoons and eating out a favorite food, playing outdoors with friends. Reliving those times can make it better for you. You can start by watching cartoons.
- Call your friend over and together watch cartoons that you used to love when you were small.
- Be it Tom and Jerry, or Johnny Bravo all of these will make you laugh and make you feel better.
- Write Something
Sometimes, not everyone can understand but it is really difficult to explain what’s going on inside of you. It can be because of your introvert or because you fear being judged about your problems or a reaction that you might not expect. In that case, rather than confiding in a person, you can write your woes.
- Take a diary and start writing what your feelings are at that very moment. This definitely will make you feel better.
- Write about your feelings, or your fears or how you want things to be solved. Write things you feel you cannot say to anybody else.
- Reminisce Old Memories
Going down the memory lanes can be both happy and sad but whatever it is, it surely will make you smile. Memories are something we cherish for the rest of our lives, and reliving those makes us feel ecstatic and happy.
- Visualize the situations of your childhood you used to love, the places you used to go or stupid things you used to do.
- After reminiscing those memories you will make think about all the good that has happened in your life.
- Photo Albums
Photo albums are forever. You can always look at them and feel happier with each photograph. Every photo has a story behind them and reliving those stories, or just purely remembering them through those photographs cannot be replaced by any other happy feeling in the world.
- Take out old albums and go through your photographs, remember every story that is attached to the photograph.
- The more you take a look at them, the more you feel ecstatic about being your own self and make yourself feel better about the things that are around you.
- This will make you forget about your present situation and might help you to move on and focus on the happy things.
People say that crying does not help and that one should not cry, but that is wrong. You should cry all you want in order to feel better. Sometimes crying weighs down the sadness from inside of you and makes you feel better and lighter than before.
- Cry about the things you’ve been holding on to for so long that you feel you might burst.
- Do not care whether someone is there or not if you feel the need to cry, do it! Do not explain this behavior just do it to calm yourself down and feel better.
- Sweat Yourself
Sometimes, if nothing works you can try going to the gym and exercising because sometimes that sadness is actually a form of anger inside of you, for a person or for a situation. We mistake it for sadness and deal with it in another way. But if you’re upset because you’re angry, then this is what you need.
- Go to the gym and do a high-intensity workout to channelize your anger for your own betterment.
- You can try hammering a tire or throwing ball exercises in order to feel better in this case.
- Don’t Compare
The worst one can do when they’re already upset about themselves is compare themselves to others. You should never do this. Comparing can only make things worse and not better, because we always compare ourselves to those who’re far upwards from us, even though it’s not required. This is a commonly made mistake by sad people.
- You should know that every human is different and so are their traits, so comparing how they are better than you are useless.
- Rather look out the points, where you feel you’re better than them, this might make you feel better about yourself.
- No Negative Self Talk
Usually, according to human psychology when we’re upset, we tend to find out negatives in our self and start criticizing how useless or the waste of space we are. This is a critically wrong judgment we make towards our self, especially in such times. One must definitely not put through negative remarks about themselves.
- It is not right to criticize; at this point motivating yourself by looking at the bright side is more important.
- Find out the good in yourself and praise yourself with it, rather than criticizing and making things worse.
- Cook Your Favorite Meal
Cooking lightens up your mood and makes you feel charged or fresh. Cooking yourself your favorite meals is time taking and a positive step towards calming yourself down and feels better.
- You can start by taking out the recipe and going grocery shopping for whatever, you need.
- Put on some music and then start cooking yourself, your delicious meal.
- This will divert your mind and increase happy hormones in your body, making you feel better.
- Stay in with Your Friend
As simple as it might sound, it works very well when it comes to you feeling better about yourself. This time you send with that one person who loves you the most and knows all the good and bad about you.
- Call your friend to stay with you and do things that you both enjoy doing.
- Watch your favorite movie together or watch your favorite series. Preferably watch something that falls into the genre of comedy.
- Look at your old photos, or talk about your happy moments of school or college that will help you forget your sorrows.
- Social Media
Social media comes with its benefits and disbenefits, but when you are trying to cheer yourself up, it is another good method to follow through away from your sorrows.
- You can start by watching standup comedy videos that are streamed on YouTube or Netflix or any other video portal online.
- Try watching memes that are available online, this will make you laugh and make you get over the things that are making you sad.
- Watch comedy movies or old movies that will bring in more humor and will make you forget about your sorrows, and the more you forget about them, the more easily you can get over it.
- Hot Water Bath
A hot water bath is another good and relaxing option for you to feel better about yourself, relax and think calmly. This is a very simple method that you can easily do at your home, all effortless and effective.
- Start with drawing yourself the kind of bath you like to enjoy. Select the theme you want to adopt for the bath.
- See whether you want small toys in the bath that will make you feel nostalgic or do you want stuff like essential oils that will make your bath calmer and more relaxing.
- You can use scented candles and some spa music to put you in a happy mood and not make you even sadder.
- Sing Loudly
Yes, this does sound like a very weird and stupid idea but it’s not. When you’re alone in your house and want to get over all those thoughts in your mind, you should adopt singing as your past time; it will really help in bringing you a positive perspective.
- You can use speakers and listen to your favorite songs on a higher volume and can sing along. Singing loudly will make way for all that suppressed frustration to come out.
- Also, instead of speakers, you can use headphones directly on your ears. The bass from the beats of the song will make you feel more energetic and will help you lose your sorrows and wound up thoughts.
- Karaoke is another great option that you can try when it comes to singing for coping with feeling better.
- Reading Out Previous Memories
You can try another method that will make you feel better and heal faster your sorrows. Start by reading your previous entries in your diary. This proves to work positively to help you cope relatively with things.
- Reading your old diary entries will help you to see the good moments of your life and will make you feel better and positive about yourself.
- Reading old entries will make you visually relive those days again and will make you happy and show the bright side about your life.
- It will make you believe that not only bad things but there are several good things already happened to you and will gradually come along too.
- Look in the Mirror
As silly as it might sound, looking at yourself in a mirror will force you to opinionate about yourself and it will increase the urge inside of you to change yourself from a sad mess to a happy and smiling person.
- Go to your mirror, stand in front of it and give yourself a hard look from top to bottom. You are better than this. Keep repeating that you are better than this and it will bring out positivity in you.
- Look at your reflection and smile at it. It will become difficult for you to keep thinking bad about yourself, one you see how good you look when you smile.
- Keep Lessons, Not Failures
Yes, it is very difficult to overcome your failures, as they are the constant reminders as to why you are in this position right now. But remembering what you have learned from it will make you appreciate your failures and not dread them.
- Realize what went wrong the last time, and make sure to not repeat those same mistakes again. Keeping in mind the lesson you have learned from it will prevent you from the repetition of the same.
- Don’t cover yourself in the blanket of negativity, instead focus on the changes you can now make that will sort things out and make things work out for you, making you feel better.
- The Magic Words
Sounds magical right? Well, it’s all about using just two words in your mind, and it will make everything better for you. The two words are “IF” and “THEN”. Using these two words while talking to yourself will help you a lot.
- You can start by thinking of a challenge you’re facing, and adding the ‘if’ clause to it will make you feel the positive scenario resulting in making you feel better altogether.
- By using the IF clause, you will be taken to the THEN case scenario which if you will think about will result in exactly what you want and will bring you out from your sorrows.
- Face the Negative, Just this Once
This might sound contradictory to what we have been discussing above, but just once it is important for you to face your thoughts head-on. And when it comes to facing that negativity, do not push it away but see it thoroughly.
- Revisit the situation that has made you sad as it is, this will create an angry furnace inside of you which will lead to you putting more efforts to come out of it more positively and strongly.
- Pay special attention to these small miscreants when building yourself up for far more bigger challenges and situations and say it out loud, ‘I CAN DO IT, I AM THE BEST’. Repeating this will bring a positivity rush inside of you.
- The more head-on you can face your fears and self-doubt, the more easily you can come out from drowning yourself into it.
- Do not stay with a person who brings out the bad in you, instead be with people who praise you, acknowledge you and bring out your best in you. Only like this, you can feel better about yourself and none another way.
- Do things that make you happy, do not get stuck in one place and especially home, it is better to go outdoors, this will change your environment and your perspective.
How do I not hate my body?
- Choose what you look at.
- Start loving your body exactly as it is, however hard it feels.
- Be YOU.
- Celebrate your body as an instrument not an ornament.
- Indulge your body.
- Stop your inner critic in its tracks.
What can I eat to feel better?
What drinks make you poop?
- Prune juice. The most popular juice to relieve constipation is prune juice.
- Apple juice. Apple juice may provide you with a very gentle laxative effect.
- Pear juice. Another great option is pear juice, which contains four times more sorbitol than apple juice.
What is a natural stool softener?
How do you pass a big hard stool?
- Abdominal massage. Sometimes a stomach massage can help stimulate the bowels if they’re not moving enough to help stool digest more quickly.
- Drink more water.
- Eat more fiber.
- Avoid empty-calorie, low-fiber foods.
What do you do if your poop won’t come out?
When to call a doctor
- moving around.
- drinking water.
- taking OTC suppositories or enemas.
- increasing your fiber.
What is the best laxative to clean you out?
Ads by Google