It is really annoying to drive a car with a dent, but when you are living in a metro city you cannot avoid this. A small dent on the car body can lead to a big one, but it doesn’t mean you need to take your car to the service center all the time. There are hacks present that will help you in removing dents from your car easily at home.
Remove Dent with the Help of Hair Dryer
This is an effective way of removing dents from a car and it is a proven method as well. To remove dents from the car through this method, follow these steps,
- Keep a few pieces of equipment with you, the list of products you need are a hairdryer, liquid compress gas, aluminum foil, a rubber glove.
- First, look at the dent in your car and heat the area using a hair-dryer. When you are heating the dented area, keep the dryer about 6 inches away from the surface.
- Put on your rubber gloves to avoid injury and then cover the dented area with aluminum foil.
- Rub the ice pack in the heated area and if you have liquid compress gas you can use this as well.
- Because of a sudden variation in temperature, dents will pop out immediately.
Remove Dent with the Help of Plunger
The plunger is used for drainage cleaning, but you can use it for removing dents too. Here are the steps on how you can remove dents on your car body using a plunger.
- The plunger will help you in removing small dent so if you have a big dent on your car, don’t try this method. To remove dent pour some water on the plunger and on the dent.
- Set the plunger and start moving it up and down. Keep moving the plunger until the dent pops out.
- With this method, the dent will pop out in fewer attempts.
Fix the Dent Using Hot Water
You can remove dents from your car using hot water as well. Here is the step by step guide on how you can remove dents from a car.
- First, look at the dented area, and then put the hot water in that area. Once the dent has heated up, push the dent from the backside to pop it out.
- Now, pour cold water on the same dent and wait for some time, because of a sudden variation in temperature will make the dent pop out automatically.
- This is also an effective way to remove dents, however, with this method, you would be able to remove only small dents.
Use Vacuum Cleaner and Bucket
Yes, you can remove dents from your car using a bucket and vacuum cleaner. To do this, here at the step-by-step guide:
- Use an old bucket as you will have to make a hole at the bottom of the bucket. First, make a hole at the bottom of the bucket. The size of the hole should be equal to the pipe size of a vacuum cleaner.
- Place the bucket over the dent from its bottom and then place the vacuum pipe in the hole.
- Now, turn on the vacuum cleaner and wait till the dent pops out.
- It will take some time for the dent to pop out, so you will have to turn on the vacuum cleaner till you get the result. Through this method, you can remove even a decent size dent on your car.
If any of the aforementioned methods do not work for you, then do not try hard on the dent, instead, take the help of professionals to remove it.
How can I fix a small dent in my car?
- Remove a dent with a hair dryer. Locate and measure the dent.
- Use a plunger. A plunger is a magic tool.
- Fix a dented bumper with boiling water.
- Use a vacuum cleaner and a bucket.
How do I remove dents from my car?
- 1) Inspect the dented portion of the bumper.
- 2) Pour boiling water over the dented portion.
- 3) Carefully push out the dent.
- 1) Choose a suction tool.
- 2) Apply heat to the dented area, then stick the plunger or the suction cup onto it.
- 3) Remember to start from the outside edge and work your way in.
How much does it cost to fix a small dent in a car?
Can you fix car dents yourself?
When the car is hot to the touch, immediately spray the dented area with a can of compressed air. The cold air coming from the can will cause the area to contract. This should make the dent pop out.
How do you pop a dent?
How do body shops fix dents?
Do body shops remove dents?
Can all dents be repaired?
How much does it cost to fix a 3 inch dent?
Are dents covered by insurance?
How do you remove a small door ding?
How long does it take to fix a dent in a car?
Is it worth fixing a dent?
Do car dents get worse?
How bad of a dent can be repaired?
The dent may be small today but with each passing day, it grows larger. Eventually, you will have a dent that’s doubled in size. Not only will be become bigger in size but it can have other negative ramifications.