During the festive season, we see all the houses adorned with the Christmas or fairy lights.
Here’s how you can use these lights to bring the Christmas spirit to your home.
Fixing Christmas Lights on Brick Walls
You might be having trouble looking for the right material or the right method of installing the fairy lights on your wall exteriors. Here are some ideas that you can put to use for decorating your house this Christmas.
- You must not forget to first test the lights before fixing them anywhere.
- Make a rough sketch of the design you willing be applying with those lights and decide what the end result would look like.
- Use battery-powered light strips and fix them on the ceiling by twisting them around nails. This way your whole room would light up and all the more artistically.
- You should remember here that in case you don’t wish to go with nails, there are other temporary solutions to this problem like sticky tape and hot glue guns.
Attach Christmas Lights on Brick Walls with Hot Glue
You can attach the fairy lights on brick walls and archways of your homes with the help of a hot glue gun. Here are a few techniques that can be applied for this purpose.
- The archways and especially the brick walls could be difficult to attach the Christmas lights too. In order to go ahead with it, you should use the professional way.
- Hot glue is a great way to fix light objects to any heavier, dry object, brick walls in our case.
- It is a great form of adhesive and is easy to remove as well. After applying the glue, hold the light string for a few seconds before letting it go. Don’t worry, it dries up quickly.
- Be careful while applying the glue as too much of it is applied can make it drip to the ground.
- After you are done using the glue gun, keep it in a safe place so that it doesn’t come in contact with anyone unaware. Hot glue could lead to serious injuries if one is not cautious.
Fixing Christmas Lights on the Interior Brick Walls
When you are fixing the Christmas lights on the interiors of your house, there are various points you need to take care of before you actually execute the decoration.
- When you are decorating the house from the inside, you can’t just fix the light strips anywhere. Cut them in smaller strands and then fix them on the porticos.
- There are numerous design ideas you can look up to for inspiration before going ahead with the image in your head.
- Take help from your friends in fixing the lights on the ceiling and other places around the house. Moreover, don’t forget to test the lights before fixing them anywhere.
- If you use hot glue, your task will become significantly easier and it won’t even melt later on from the heat in the light strips.
- If you are looking for something other than the glue guns, you will always have the option to fix nails to twist the light strips around to and also cup hooks to simply place the lights.
- Use good quality Christmas lights and cut them in sizes according to your requirements.
- The Christmas spirit will be brought about with different colored lights adorning the interior and the exterior of your house.
- You can also use these lights on Christmas trees apart from ribbons and meshes. It will not only light up the tree, but it will also bring a very positive feeling to the house.
- Use adhesives that could be easily removed after the Christmas season is over.
How do you hang lights on a brick wall?
Drill a hole into the brick with a masonry bit on each mark and tap a conical plastic anchor into each hole. Replace the light fixture, after first feeding the wires through the central hole, and drive screws into the anchors to hold the fixture to the wall. Caulk around the base of the fixture with silicone caulk.
How do you hang things on brick?
How do you hang things on a brick wall without drilling?
A: Devices called brick clips or brick hangers allow people to hang pictures, mirrors and other objects on walls without drilling into the brick. Two examples are Brick Clips by a company called Tuopu (10 for $14.99 on Amazon) and OOK Brick Hangers (two for $2.48 at Home Depot).
How do you secure a brick light?
If you’re looking for something more secure, get some brick clips that fit over individual bricks. For something more permanent, carefully drill into the mortar to set up wall plugs and screw hooks. Then, hang the light strands to make your home glow for the holidays.
How do you anchor string lights to Brick?
Do LED lights stick to brick?
The strips don’t stick to anything. Yeah, the strips hold the lights up while you grab a real fastener, that’s all. I’d stick them on the back of your TV, personally. Otherwise you’ll see the LED, which isn’t really the intent, and you get more glow on the wall, instead of the back of the TV.
How do you hang lights on a concrete wall without drilling?
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights Without Drilling Holes in Concrete Stucco
- Gutter Hooks. Gutter hooks allow homeowners to attach Christmas lights securely from all types of drain systems.
- Magnetic Hooks. A set of industrial magnetic hooks also allows homeowners to avoid drilling into stucco walls.
- Suction Cup Hooks.
Do Command Strips work on brick?
Will Command™ Products stick to brick? No. Command™ Products are intended for mostly smooth surfaces such as those listed above. However, our products will stick to painted, smooth cinder block (the type found inside many school and office buildings).
What do you do if your LED lights won’t stick?
Can you take down LED lights and put them back up?
And it is possible to reuse Govee Lights when moving them to another space or room. However, when talking about reusing leftover strips, that will take some manual work itself, as well as locating and purchasing all the parts to attach it together.
Why wont my LED lights stick to my wall?
The self-adhesive on the back of the led strip lights typically needs a smooth surface in order to stick securely. Rough surfaces or too many grooves will limit the contact between the surface and the 3M tape backing. Less contact means less of a bond, leading to the flex strips falling or drooping in places.
Can you take LED lights off your wall and put them back up?
I’m sure you can see that there are no hard and fast rules. Your LED strip lights are unlikely to damage if you apply them to a durable surface and rely on the 3M adhesive that they come with. You can use a hairdryer to heat the adhesive layer on the LEDs. This will make it softer and easier to pull off.
Can LED lights Restick?
How To Restick LED Strip Lights. Be careful not to oversaturate and water damage your LEDs. From here, you can select a new adhesive. This could be more W3 tape, extra-strong double-sided tape, Command strips, glue dots, or adhesive clips.
Can you use double sided tape on LED lights?
You can use the double sided tape on any difficult mount surfaces such as stone, concrete, unfinished wood, or any LED light strip that will be installed upside down or on an overhead surface.
Do LED lights attract bugs?
LED lights produce little to no UV light and a minuscule amount heat, which makes them less attractive to bugs—so long as they emit longer wavelengths of light.
What color do bugs hate?
Bugs are naturally attracted to bright colors like white, yellow or orange. Colors like green and blue won’t register as vividly when seen in the UV spectrum, deterring bugs away from these colored objects.
What color LED light keeps bugs away?
LEDs on the other hand—both “cool‐white” and “warm‐white”—were the least attractive to insects. Yellow-hued light bulbs are worth trying, too. “Yellow lights—and red lights—do not attract insects as much as regular white lights,” Russell says.
Do LED lights make your electric bill high?
Does energy savings on the electric bill support switching to LEDs? Yes! LED lights consume 80-90% less energy than incandescent bulbs, and last up to 100,000 hours, versus 3,000 hours for an incandescent. Combine this with the durable construction of LEDs, and savings extend beyond electricity.
Do you like this article?