Denmark is the happiest nation in the World, according to the World Map of Happiness and World Values Survey. So, what Denmark has done, every country should do. There are five factors, which can be used to measure happiness.
- The Biological One
Biologically you can measure your happiness. Our hormones level in the body, the other factors clearly indicate whether we are happy or not. The indicators are:
- If the level of neurotransmitter serotonin is low in the body, it predicts that the person is in depression.
- If a person has high levels of serotonin, it predicts the person is not happy.
- Though there is no clear indicator present in the human body that can predict if the person is happy or not, some researchers have worked in this area and have gained little success.
- Behavioral One
How a person is behaving in social life reflect how happy he or she is and this the way to measure happiness.
- If a person smiles and laughs often, then it means he is a happy person. Researchers have found that the frequency of smiling and laughing reflect how much happier that person is.
- Researchers read the text pattern of people and came to the conclusion that kind of emojis people are using to send message shows how happy that person is.
- From their analysis, researchers came to the conclusion that Monday is the day when people have a low level of happiness and people remain happier in the daylight.
- Other Reports
Another effective way to measure the happiness of a person is taking the report from others. In this pattern, you can give a questionnaire to people around you and ask to give you a ranking about your happiness level based on your response.
- Ask your neighbor to judge whether you are a happy person.
- You can ask your teacher, friends or relative to measure your level of happiness.
- Also, ask your parents to measure your happiness.
- Take the Self Report
Among all the methods used to measure happiness, this is one of the most effective ways. Take the self-report and analyze your action in different situations. The internet is full of questionnaires that carry questions, whose result helps you to analyze how happy you are.
- Type in browser how to measure happiness and you will get a questionnaire.
- You will have both options, either to fill that questionnaire online or you can download it, and fill and later.
- Once you have submitted all answers, analyze that paper. The platform from where you had downloaded the questionnaire provides the answer also. There are different categories present and with your score, you can make it out how happy you are.
- You must have tried this method in some magazines and newspaper as well. This is really an effective way of measuring your satisfaction and happiness level.
- Check Your Emotional Status
This factor has no logic, but this helps in measuring our happiness to a big extent. We all know what makes us happy and whether we are happy or not. No one can judge how happy we are, so the best way to measure happiness is self-analysis.
- Sit quite at a place for some time and think over things that you have and you don’t have.
- Allow thoughts to come into your mind and analyze how many positive and how many negative thoughts you are getting.
- If you are receiving a number of negative thoughts in comparison to positive thoughts, then it is a clear indication that you are not happy.
- If the case is opposite and you are receiving a number of positive thoughts, then it means you are a happy person.
- This is a trusted and proven way to measure happiness.
- Write Your Daily Dairy
Develop the habit of writing your daily diary. Write everything that you analyzed from your whole day action in your diary. After a week or a month read that diary and analyze. The content in your diary will tell you whether you are a happy person or not. This will help you in measuring your happiness. What you have to check in your diary is:
- How many times you have been thankful to someone for what you have received.
- Check how many times you complained about things.
- If you have been a thankful number of times than complaining about something, this means you are a happy person and if the case is opposite, then you are not.
This is not an expert method. To measure your happiness correctly takes the help of a counselor.