You cannot expect that everyone will showcase what they actually feel now. The reason is that most people want to hide their feelings ad exhibit that they are completely fine even though they are not. The smile is something that can help you pretend that you are happy and okay.
Handling the Unwanted Conversation
If you are having a chat with someone and you feel that they are trying to interfere in your personal life, you should just say that you are fine and doing well.
- There are people that want to know everything about the other. If the person is not close or known to you, then it is better to pretend to be happier rather than telling everything about you.
- Also, if you do not want to share your private things with anyone, then you can simply show off that you are happy and doing fine.
- If you attend a family function and get surrounded by your relatives, you can simply say that everything is going well even they are not. If you do not want to say much about something, then do not do that.
Change the Topic of Conversation
If you are chatting with someone and that person starts the conversation on a topic that you are not comfortable with, then you should change the topic rather than wasting your time talking about the topic.
- If someone asks you about your past life when you are not ready to say about that, simply say that “I am happy to see the full moon today”. Likewise, you need to change the subject of the conversation.
- At times, it is better to respond minimally, rather than explaining a detailed story of what people ask. Simply, skipping the question or completely changing the topic would not help you at times. In order to not let people ask more of it, you should say less detail and skip to another topic.
- Take, for example, if someone asks your wife and children, say this: ‘They are doing fine and I have to go sooner to catch them, so bye”. You should simply shut up the conversation.
Pretending to be Happy in your Body Language
Of course, there are people that will judge us with our body language. Certain postures will explain to others how sad you are. If you want to pretend to be happy, then you need to focus on your body language.
- A smile is key to showcase that you are happy. Smiling does not mean that smiling from a mouth. You need to smile with your eyes. If it is needed to be, you need to practice smiling with your eyes. So, smile as much as possible and you can.
- If you are saying something to people and you want them to believe what you say, then you should say looking into their eyes. If you fail to make eye contact with people that you want to say something, then they realize that what you are going to say is not correct.
- When making eye contact with people, you should smile and show that you are completely engaged with what you are going to tell.
- You should stay freely rather than sitting at the corner of the chair and simply looking down. Instead, you need to lift your head up and look straight. Make sure to have a smile on your face all the time. You should show your attitude and self-confidence when you are exhibiting that you are happy through your body language.
Enhance your Mood
Even though you have nothing to cherish for or be happy, but still, you should try and find out some ways to improve your mood. You should not stay down and drenched in sadness.
- Try to find some reasons to laugh. You can recall the comic incidents that happened in your life. Otherwise, you can watch a comic video online and try to laugh. Make sure that, the way you laugh will help you forget all your sorrows.
- Nothing will calm and compose your mind than the music. So, put your headsets on and tune into smooth or upbeat music to change your mood. Once you are traveling into the music, then you can easily forget all the bad things that took place just a while before.
- You need to do the things that you enjoy and love. No matter, either, be it the cooking or painting or dancing or singing or something else like that, but you should do what makes you happy.
Take Care of Yourself
You need to take good care of yourself and keep yourself healthy, so that, you can pretend to be happy. If you are ill, then no one will believe that you are okay and happy.
- You can talk to someone that you can have faith in and trust.
- You can pretend to be happy for many people, but you have one person that knows how your situation is – right?
Besides smiling, you can do several things to pretend yourself that you are happy. The above points will let you know how to exhibit that you are happy.
Express your feelings for the trusted person. If you feel depressed, then you can consult a doctor to get rid of the depression.
How do you fake being happy?
- Find an outlet. When bad times hit, keeping it bottled up inside is one of the worst things you can do.
- Find something to laugh at.
- Create a Happy Playlist.
- Make someone else happy.
Is it bad to pretend to be happy?
How do you tell if someone is faking being happy?
- You’re plastering on a happy face. When I was dealing with depression, I smiled more than I usually did.
- You’re giving very little information “I’m fine.
- You’re feeling physically and emotionally drained all the time.
How can you tell if someone is faking a mental illness?
Are people faking anxiety?
Why do people pretend with depression?
Can you fake bipolar?
How do you know if someone is faking schizophrenia?
What is Ganser syndrome?
Is overreacting a mental illness?
Overreacting is a symptom of bipolar disorder. 1 Hearing harsh words that would be painful to anyone, you may well respond with extreme anger or dark depression. Even a sad movie can make a person with bipolar disorder overreact.
Can schizophrenia be cured?
Why do schizophrenics have poor hygiene?
What famous person has schizophrenia?
- Lionel Aldridge. Lionel Aldridge is perhaps best known for his role in helping the Green Bay Packers win two Super Bowl championships in the 1960s.
- Zelda Fitzgerald.
- Peter Green.
- Darrell Hammond.
- John Nash.
- Skip Spence.
What triggers schizophrenia?
Do schizophrenics feel love?
What are the 4 A’s of schizophrenia?
What are 3 symptoms of schizophrenia?
- Delusions. These are false beliefs that are not based in reality.
- Hallucinations. These usually involve seeing or hearing things that don’t exist.
- Disorganized thinking (speech). Disorganized thinking is inferred from disorganized speech.
- Extremely disorganized or abnormal motor behavior.
- Negative symptoms.
Ads by Google