Whether you ended up with a used iPhone and just purchased it from a friend you need to reset the iCloud device manager.
This requires simple processes but can be seldom intimidating with various ways you can do them. You can remotely do them or get assistance from a customer service person.
In any case, here is one of the simplest ways that need just 5 clicks at the most, and remotely as well.
- Ask your Previous Owner
- The first thing when you get a second-hand device is to ask your previous owner to get it unlocked and removed for you. This is the right way to do it.
- To do this, you need to simply ask them to follow this set of clicks and its al did. First, ask them to go over to the website icloud.com.
- This is the beginning step. You can do it from a desktop or from a mobile phone. It is same either way.
- Use your ID to Sign In
- Ask your previous owner to try and remember their Apple ID and passcode. This is important because this is confidential to them and only they can help you with it.
- This ID and passcode/password can be used to “sign in” into their iCloud Account. All device management can be done only through this account, so this is important. If they don’t remember asking them to follow “Forget” option and retrieve it.
- Find your iPhone Now
- Ask them to locate their iPhone from the list of devices associated with that iCloud account. It is just clicking on “Find iPhone” on the top of the menu bar.
- You can simply see it right in front of you without having to navigate to anywhere else on the site after you have logged in using the above step. So, we are done with 3 clicks already and halfway through.
- Select from the List your iPhone
- Now, ask them to go to devices and select the iPhone (ask them to select the one you have now, which they have sold to you). You are supposed to remove this device from the list.
- Click on “All Devices” on the top menu. From the list, select/click on this iPhone. Click “Erase iPhone” and this will remove all data of the device you want to remove.
- Once Erased, Remove from Account
- Ask them to click on “Remove from Account” once you erased/deleted it from the list. You are done now.