How to Remove iCloud Lock
Whether you ended up with a used iPhone and just purchased it from a friend you need to reset the iCloud device manager.
This requires simple processes but can be seldom intimidating with various ways you can do them. You can remotely do them or get assistance from a customer service person.
In any case, here is one of the simplest ways that need just 5 clicks at the most, and remotely as well.
- Ask your Previous Owner
- The first thing when you get a second-hand device is to ask your previous owner to get it unlocked and removed for you. This is the right way to do it.
- To do this, you need to simply ask them to follow this set of clicks and its al did. First, ask them to go over to the website icloud.com.
- This is the beginning step. You can do it from a desktop or from a mobile phone. It is same either way.
- Use your ID to Sign In
- Ask your previous owner to try and remember their Apple ID and passcode. This is important because this is confidential to them and only they can help you with it.
- This ID and passcode/password can be used to “sign in” into their iCloud Account. All device management can be done only through this account, so this is important. If they don’t remember asking them to follow “Forget” option and retrieve it.
- Find your iPhone Now
- Ask them to locate their iPhone from the list of devices associated with that iCloud account. It is just clicking on “Find iPhone” on the top of the menu bar.
- You can simply see it right in front of you without having to navigate to anywhere else on the site after you have logged in using the above step. So, we are done with 3 clicks already and halfway through.
- Select from the List your iPhone
- Now, ask them to go to devices and select the iPhone (ask them to select the one you have now, which they have sold to you). You are supposed to remove this device from the list.
- Click on “All Devices” on the top menu. From the list, select/click on this iPhone. Click “Erase iPhone” and this will remove all data of the device you want to remove.
- Once Erased, Remove from Account
- Ask them to click on “Remove from Account” once you erased/deleted it from the list. You are done now.
Is it possible to remove iCloud lock?
The password to the original owner’s iCloud can be entered to remove it, which a hacker could obtain via phishing. An Apple Store manager can override iCloud. Scammers can trick Apple Store managers into unlocking a device they don’t own.
Can I remove iCloud lock without password?
Here is how you can remove icloud activation lock without password. If you have a second-hand iPhone you can ask the previous user to help you unlock the iCloud Activation. It will take a few minutes and the device will be removed from their iCloud ID.
Is it possible to unlock an iCloud locked iPhone?
Get the Original Owner to Unlock Your iPhone. One of the easiest ways to unlock an iCloud locked iPhone is to get the original owner to unlock the phone for you. While you are on the password screen on your locked iPhone, ask the original owner to enter their iCloud password. This will unlock the device.
Will a factory reset remove iCloud lock?
You can force it into recovery mode and restore it as new in iTunes. But afterwards you will not be able to activate and use it for anything without the password to the AppleID currently logged into iCloud on it. Erasing a device does not disable activation lock.
Can you remove activation lock?
If your device is activation locked, it simply means that you or someone else’s iCloud account is still linked to the factory erased iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The official way to remove this barrier is by providing the password to the linked iCloud account without which no one can be able to access the device.
How do I get rid of someone else’s Apple ID on my iPhone without password?
How to get rid of someone else’s Apple ID on the App Store
- Open App Store. Tap your name (or the previous owner’s name) in the top-right corner of the App Store’s landing page. This brings you to the Account screen.
- Scroll down and tap Sign Out, which can be done without having to enter a password.
How do I delete someone else’s iCloud?
How to remove a device from iCloud using an iPhone or iPad
- Start the Settings app and then tap your account name at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to find the list of devices connected to your account. Tap the one you want to remove.
- Tap “Remove from Account.” You’ll need to confirm you want to do this.
How do I remove my Apple ID from a stolen iPhone?
How to remove a previous owner’s Apple ID from a used iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Sign in to iCloud.com.
- Go to Find My iPhone.
- Select “All Devices” to open a list of devices linked to their account, and select the device to be removed.
- Click “Remove from Account”
How do I remove someone else’s Apple ID from my iPhone?
Hold your finger down on the app, until it ‘jiggles’. Then, tap the ‘X’ in the corner of the App. You may get another prompt, asking you to confirm the deletion. You can’t remove someone else’s Apple ID.
How do you completely reset an iPhone?
To reset your iPhone, select Settings > General > Reset and click Erase All Content and Settings. Make sure you back up your iPhone first so you can restore your data later. In “Settings,” scroll down and tap “General.” At the bottom of the “General” page, tap “Reset.”
How do I clear my iPhone for trade in?
Share All sharing options for: How to wipe your iPhone before selling or trading it in
- Open up Settings.
- Scroll down and tap “General”
- Scroll down and select “Reset”
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings”
How do you wipe an iPhone if you don’t know the passcode?
Perform a hard reset on your phone by holding down the sleep/wake button and the Home button at the same time. Hold the buttons until the “Connect to iTunes” screen appears. On your computer, choose “Restore” from the iTunes screen. This will delete all data from your phone.
How do I factory reset my iPhone with just the buttons?
- Just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You can let go of both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
- Your phone will go through the usual process of starting up.
- You’ll be back in your home screen.
Will a hard reset delete everything on my phone?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.
What does a hard reset do?
A factory reset, also known as hard reset or master reset, is a software restore of an electronic device to its original system state by erasing all of the information stored on the device. Doing so will effectively erase all of the data, settings, and applications that were previously on the device.
What’s the difference between a hard reset and a factory reset?
A hard reset, also known as a factory reset or master reset, is the restoration of a device to the state it was in when it left the factory. All settings, applications and data added by the user are removed. Hard reset contrasts with soft reset, which just means to restart a device.