Who doesn’t want to keep their Wi-Fi signal strong and stable? A majority of the routers and modems which are available offers signal strength of 10m. However, these are usually are pretty expensive. So, what do you do for boosting the signal without paying a large amount of money? In this article, we are going to talk about how you will be able to boost your signal with the help of aluminum foil.
- Gather the Things You Need
In order to start with the process of boosting the Wi-Fi signal with the aluminum, you are going to need certain things.
- A small box
You can use the aluminum foil which is present in your kitchen. This is often used to wrap homemade foods. However, you are not going to require all of it. You simply need to take enough so that you are able to cover a small box completely. No space should be left after being covered.
- Prepare Small Box
Your next step is to look for a small box and prepare it for the antenna.
- This box needs to be the size of your router.
- You will require the bottom of the box along with the all the four corners.
- Make sure that you are able to fold the box by holding the four corners.
Stick foil to box – after you are done preparing the box, the next steps prove to be very simple.
- You have to stick the aluminum foil at the surface of the box.
- For this, you can use glue or tape.
- It is important to check that you are covering the box completely.
- Make sure that you do not cover the foil excessive when you use tape for sticking.
- Make Holes on the Box
Now, it is time to make holes in the box to get a better signal.
- You have to create holes on the side of the box for inserting the antenna.
- In case the router has just one antenna, you have made two holes in the middle of each and every corner.
- If you have two antennas, it is necessary to create four holes. Make sure that it aligns with each other for supporting each antenna.
- This is mainly for making space in the box for the antenna of the router.
- Support the Box on Antenna
The next step is keeping the box you made covered with the aluminum foil. This amplifies the range of the antenna.
- Put the antenna through the holes in the box.
- Make sure that the box stands and doesn’t come down on the antenna.
- Hang the Router on the Wall
When you are done, it is time to hang the antenna.
- Drill the wall and put some hanging pin.
- Now hang the router.
This can increase the range of the router almost by 10%. The reason is that by hanging on the wall, it has fewer interceptions and thus, the signals can be better to some extent. Check the Wi-Fi signal.
- You need to ensure that the modem is not surrounded by any wood, walls, or tables.
- Place the router on an elevated platform. This way it can be detected by a majority of the devices. It is better not to place them in lower areas like behind a desktop or under the table.
It is also necessary to know about the requirements of connectivity to the router such as the number of devices that can be connected to it or the router so that it can function in an adequate manner.