Most of the iOS devices offer no problem when it comes to them being ready to operate at the touch of a button. The Sleep, Wake or On/Off buttons on the side or the Home button are all that you need to press to get your device to work.
However, there might be times when rebooting your iPad might be necessary. Here are the steps to follow in case you have to perform such a function.
Start by Powering off and Restarting
- Power off by holding down the On/Off button; hold the button for three seconds and swipe the slide button to power off mode.
- In order to reboot the device hold the On/Off button and hold as well as press the Home button at the same time. Hold both the buttons. Once the screen goes off continue to hold the buttons.
- Once the screen has come back on an Apple logo is seen you can restart to use your device.
Face ID Restart for your iPad
- The Top button needs be press upon and held along with the volume button till the slider option is seen on the screen. Drag the slider button which will help turn off the device.
- Once the device is off pressing and holding the Top button will help to restart the device.
Restarting iPad with Home Button
- This is another option to use. One can hold the Top or side button and press down on it till the slider appears. Drag the slider button across which will turn the device off completely.
- Once the device is of one can hold and press down the side or top button till the Apple logo comes on.
Options on the iOS
- The device can also be shut down by going to the Settings section. Here, under the General tab, the option for Shut Down comes on.
- In order to reset the device, there is Reset option under the General tab. Here one can Reset All Settings which will bring the device back to factory mode.
- Before doing so one should ensure that all important data is backed up. There is an option in the General section, under Reset option to erase all content and settings.
Connecting iPad to Computer
- This is another option to try. By connecting the iPad to a computer one can select Summary tab in the iTunes software. Here one can check for updates or click on restore.
- This will restore as well as backup data from your iPad. If updates are available you can update the iPad OS and get over the problems that were plaguing the older system.
Uninstall unnecessary apps to speed up
- Often devices slow down or processing speed might become a problem. In case your device slows down, showcases infected drives or malware or freezes repeatedly, you might want to reset the same by uninstalling the unwanted apps.
- This will also help to clear out unnecessary files and data and get your iPad a refreshed look and feel.
How do you hard restart an iPad?
How do I force my iPad to boot?
How do you reset an Apple iPad?
- Go to Settings > General > Reset. If you’re asked to enter your passcode and you’ve forgotten it, see Reset the passcode. If you’re asked to enter your Apple ID password and you’ve forgotten it, see the Recover your Apple ID website.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
Why can’t I reboot my iPad?
How do you unfreeze a iPad?
How do you fix a black screen of death on an iPad?
Why does my iPad keep going blank?
How do I restart my iPad When the screen is black?
How do I fix an unresponsive iPad screen?
- Restart your device.
- Make sure your screen is clean and free of any debris or water.
- Disconnect any Lightning or USB-C accessories. If your screen works after removing an accessory, try using a different outlet, cable, or charger.
- Remove any cases or screen protectors.
Why is my iPad unresponsive?
How do I fix an unresponsive screen?
- Remove plastic from the phone if it has.
- If your had is wet, dry it.
- Delete recently installed third-party apps.
- Recalibrate the touch screen.
- Reset the device.
How do you reset an iPad without the home button?
- Press and hold either the volume up or volume down button and the top button until the power off slider appears.
- Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
- To turn your device back on, press and hold the top button until you see the Apple logo.
How do you fix an unresponsive home button?
Why has my home button stopped working?
How do I go to settings without home button?
What do I do if my home button is stuck?
You can take some isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab and gently clean the button and the circle in which it sits. Wait for a few minutes, and then see if that has made any difference.