How to Make Pimples go Away
Pimples can be quite annoying and sometimes painful. Unfortunately, it affects more than 80% of the population at some stage or the other.
Although you can find many cosmetic products that claim to banish pimples and acne there are only a few that can bring some noticeable changes.
The best way to treat pimples is to choose a remedy that can gradually improve the overall skin health and thereby reduce the formation of pimples. In this review, we have listed 8 scientific ways to treat pimples based on different skin types.
- Honey Treatment
- Applying honey is a powerful and highly safe option to treat different types of skin ailments including pimples. Honey is generally used as a medicated base for other ingredients that can cleanse and nourish the skin cells.
- Besides being rich in antioxidants, honey also has antibacterial properties. This can reduce the inflammation and bacterial infection associated with pimples.
- Honey is also popular for its soothing effect and it can instantly make the skin feel suppler and softer. For better results, mix honey with powdered cinnamon and apply to the affected areas. Compared to honey, cinnamon has stronger antibacterial powers that can prevent the occurrence of new pimples.
- Apply Aloe Vera Gel
- Applying some fresh Aloe Vera gel on your skin can easily heal pimples. The method is quite effective when you have oily skin. Aloe Vera is a unique herb that can be safely used on different types of skin including dry, oily, sensitive, and damaged.
- It is a common ingredient used for making thousands of skin treatment products available in the market. It is a natural source of sulfur and salicylic acid that can heal all types of pimples.
- Regular use of Aloe Vera can not only heal the pimples but also effectively remove the blemishes and marks left by them.
- Cucumber Facial
- Cucumber is yet another simple treatment that can be used on all skin types. It is most effective in treating pimples that arise on oily skins. If you want quick results, you should definitely try cucumber facial.
- All you have to do is grate cucumber and mix with yogurt to create a facial mask. The juice in cucumber can soothe your skin instantly and remove the redness and inflammation caused by acne.
- It is also a source of Vitamin C and E that can help the skin in renewing itself quite faster. If your skin is too oily you can avoid yogurt and simply apply crushed cucumber to the affected areas. Try this remedy for a few days and you will see how different your skin looks.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple Cider Vinegar is a strong treatment technique for curing painful and inflamed pimples that don’t heal quickly. It is an effective remedy for removing excess oil secreted by the skin.
- Besides making your skin less oily, the strong antibacterial property of apple cider can quickly reduce the redness and swelling caused by the pimples. It is rich in organic acids that can effectively eliminate the Propionibacterium which is the main culprit behind skin pimples and acne.
- It also contains lactic and succinic acids that can prevent scar formation caused by harsh pimples. For best results mix 5 to 10 drops of apple cider vinegar in 100 ml of water and apply it on a regular basis. Note that if you have very sensitive skin you can avoid this treatment technique.
- Apply Turmeric Paste
- Since ancient times, turmeric is used as a multipurpose home remedy for treating all sorts of skin ailments. It has strong antiseptic powers that can work wonders on a pimply face. It is very effective in killing the bacteria that causes acne.
- It is a rich source of antioxidants that can rejuvenate the skin faster than any other herbal treatment. You can apply freshly crushed turmeric paste on affected areas to get the best results.
- Leave it overnight or wash after a few hours. Turmeric would leave a yellowish color after washing. But you can easily remove it by using a mild organic face wash.
- Green Tea Treatment
- Green tea is a well-known source of antioxidants that has several health benefits when consumed on a regular basis. It has a strong antimicrobial property that promptly acts on pimple-causing bacteria.
- You can use it in two different ways. The first method is to place a cold bag of green tea over the pimples. For faster results, you can prepare some green tea and allow it to cool.
- Apply it over the affected areas and rinse well after 10 minutes. Green tea can also be used for cleansing off unwanted oil from the skin surface.
- Mint Leaves and Honey
- Mint is a great herb that has many medicinal properties. It can be used to treat inflamed and painful pimples. Vitamin C, antioxidants, and Omega-3 fatty acids are some of the beneficial ingredients you can find in mint leaves.
- The treatment is also effective for clearing clogged pores. The best way to use mint leaves is to crush them and combine with honey to create a paste. Apply it for a few days to get the best results.
- Neem Leaves
- Neem leaves are extensively used for making various types of antiseptic creams and lotions. It has powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties. You can soak the leaves in hot water for a few hours.
- Once the water has cooled, wash your face and rinse the affected areas. Repeat the treatment for a few days to get rid of pimples and acne. Neem water treatment not only heals pimples but also removes scars and marks. Regular use of Neem can keep your skin healthy and clean.
- All the above treatment methods are effective in treating pimples and other common skin problems like darkening and pigmentation. However, to get the best results one has to administer the techniques on a consistent basis. Also, it is important to avoid the use of other chemical-based skin creams and soaps.
How get rid of pimples overnight?
Overnight DIY Remedies To Get Of Pimples
- Tea Tree Oil. Tea tree oil is famous for its antibacterial properties.
- Aloe Vera. Aloe vera is one of the most reputable ingredients in the skincare world.
- Honey. A dab of honey can do wonders for pimple-ridden skin.
- Crushed Aspirin.
- Green Tea.
Can toothpaste remove pimples?
The rumor mill might have you believing that dabbing some regular old toothpaste on your zit will help it clear up overnight. But, while it’s true that several ingredients found in toothpaste are drying to skin and might help shrink your pimple, this home remedy for breakouts isn’t worth the risk.
Does ice help pimples?
While ice alone may not cure a pimple, it can decrease swelling and redness, making the pimple less noticeable. Ice also has a numbing effect, which can offer temporary pain relief for severely inflamed pimples.
What food causes pimples?
This article will review 7 foods that can cause acne and discuss why the quality of your diet is important.
- Refined Grains and Sugars.
- Dairy Products.
- Fast Food.
- Foods Rich in Omega-6 Fats.
- Whey Protein Powder.
- Foods You’re Sensitive To.
Which drink is good for pimples?
5 drinks you can sip on to help treat acne
- Neem and honey. It may not be the most palatable drink, but Dr Mittal Gupta confirms that bitter neem tea is an antidote to pimples, boils and blemishes.
- Amla and ginger shots.
- Lemongrass and turmeric tea.
Does drinking water help acne?
Prevents Pimples and Acne. Certain kinds of toxins will clog your small pores on your epidermis and can cause issues like acne and pimples. By drinking more water, you ensure that you won’t suffer from severe pimples and acne. The more hydrated your skin, the less your pores will clog.
How can I get flawless skin overnight?
6 Easy Ways to Get Gorgeous Skin Overnight
- Go to Bed with a Clean Face.
- Try Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Use a Sheet Mask Before Bed.
- Avoid Salty Foods in the Evening.
- Don’t Be Afraid of Oils.
- Don’t Skip out on Vitamin C—Especially Around the Eyes.
Does drinking milk cause acne?
Whey and casein, the proteins in milk, stimulate growth and hormones in calves — and in us when we drink their milk. When we digest these proteins, they release a hormone similar to insulin, called IGF-1. This hormone is known to trigger breakouts.
Is cold water good for acne?
Cold water can be especially beneficial for dry or acne-prone skin, says Knapp. “If you have chronically dry skin, hot water can strip your sebum levels (oils) and exacerbate the issue, so cold water is a good alternative.”
Are hot showers good for acne?
“Hot water strips the skin of its natural oils and healthy bacteria,” Grous explains, “which plays a major role in keeping moisture in—and the bad stuff out. And because dryness triggers the sebaceous glands to produce more sebum, hot water can worsen preexisting acne or cause a breakout.”
Are baths bad for acne?
The water temperature we bathe in is a personal preference for everyone, but if you tend to linger in super hot water for too long, you could be drying out your skin, which, over time, might make for more parched, acne-prone skin.
How do you get clear skin?
How can I get spotless skin in 2 days?
How do you get clear skin fast?
Must-Try Home Remedies For Clear And Spotless Skin
- Cleansing. Raw milk works as a great natural facial cleanser, and it helps to remove dirt and deceased cells from the skin. Milk doesn’t obstruct the pores, so you don’t have to think about blackheads coming out.
- Exfoliation/Mask. • Papaya.