It is a common condition to have nasal congestion but it gets annoying at times. Having such a problem may also be an indicator of some serious problems. So, it must be taken care of timely.
The nasal congestion occurs when there is inflammation of the blood vessels and also the swelling of the tissues in the nose.
- Take a Shower
Take a shower as it helps to decrease the congestion in the nose and this also helps to drain mucus and ensure free breathing which can give temporary relief.
- Employ a Spray
Use the spray for saline to reduce the inflammation of tissue. This will help to reduce stuffiness and it is not as harmful as the saline spray will not have any medication. So, its use is safe and is available on the counter.
- Look up for a Special Device
There are plenty of devices to remove the sinus such as net pots. These are also available on Amazon if the water has been boiled earlier than it can be used as an ante-septic to prevent the germs from going into the nose.
- Go for a Compress
- One can use a compress that is warm to decrease the sinus congestion. You can even wet as a washcloth and use it on the face but be sure that the water is not cold nor hot even.
- Else it will burn the skin. Ginger fresh and sliced can also be added to the warm water to boost the congestion relieving process.
- Check out for Eucalyptus
- Since hundreds of years, eucalyptus oil has been made from eucalyptus leaves and used for healing.
- By taking the oil in through the nose, one can reduce the lining inflammation and make the breathing process easy.
- Inhale the steam of the product drops put in boiling water. There are various kinds of brands offering eucalyptus oil on Amazon.
- Check if you have Any Allergy
- It must be noted that the stuff nose is not due to some allergic condition.
- If so, allergic medications must be taken as they contain an antihistamine that can block the reaction. So, the patients must be careful and read the instructions properly before the usage. Some of the medics can result in drowsy sensations so one must not drive then.
- Check out for Decongestants
- One may use decongestants as they help to cause the blood vessels narrow and decrease the swell on the nose lines. This helps to reduce the stuffiness of the nose.
- They are available in the form of nasal sprays and pills even. But, it has been seen that the nasal sprays work faster and are effective as they don’t have to taken in by the stomach. So, medicines that are prescribed are also available. It is recommended that people with BP must make sure to inform their concerned doctor before taking it.
- Buy a Humidifier
- Use a machine called humidifier as it adds the moisture from the air and causes the thinning of substance in the nose. It makes draining easy and decreases the inflammation corresponding to the membranes in the nose.
- It also helps to clean and prevent bacteria from growing. But it must be used according to the instructions mentioned in the package.
- Clean you’re Drinking Water
Drinking water is an important part as when you are well hydrated, it will thin the substance in the nose and push it outwards. It helps to decrease the pressing in the sinus. This will help in less irritation and inflammation.
- Eat Horseradish
- One can use horseradish in their food as it is a spicy vegetable and so can help to create clearance in the nose. You can even use some pressure on the bridge of the nose.
- Other some remedies can be doing facial massage, drinking apple vinegar of the cider or peppermint tea.
How should I sleep with a stuffy nose?
- Prop your head up with extra pillows.
- Try bedding covers.
- Place a humidifier in your room.
- Use nasal saline rinse or spray.
- Run an air filter.
- Wear a nasal strip during sleep.
- Drink plenty of water, but avoid alcohol.
- Take your allergy medicine at night.
How do you Unstuff your nose in 5 minutes?
What causes a stuffy nose?
How long till stuffy nose goes away?
Does blowing your nose help get rid of a cold?
How can I unblock my nose naturally?
- Use a humidifier. A humidifier provides a quick, easy way to reduce sinus pain and relieve a stuffy nose.
- Take a shower.
- Stay hydrated.
- Use a saline spray.
- Drain your sinuses.
- Use a warm compress.
- Try decongestants.
- Take antihistamines or allergy medicine.
Does blowing your nose make it worse?
Should I let my nose run?
Why does my nose run like water?
What is the best medicine to dry up a runny nose?
When you have a cold, your body makes chemicals called histamines. That leads to sneezing, a runny nose, and watery eyes. Over-the-counter antihistamines such as chlorpheniramine and diphenhydramine block this process and can relieve those symptoms.
What will dry up a runny nose?
What tea is best for a runny nose?
- Lemon tea.
- Elderberry tea.
- Echinacea tea.
- Green tea.
- Herbal tea with honey.
- Other home remedies.
- When to see a doctor.
What drinks help with congestion?
- Ginger ale;
- Herbal tea;
- Honey and lemon tea – mix lemon and honey with a cup of hot water;
- Ginger tea.
Is tea good for mucus?
What naturally kills mucus?
- Warm fluids. Hot beverages can provide immediate and sustained relief from a mucus buildup in the chest.
- Steam. Keeping the air moist can loosen mucus and reduce congestion and coughing.
- Foods and herbs.
- Essential oils.
- Elevate the head.
- N-acetylcysteine (NAC)